At Coleridge we believe that all staff have a responsibility to encourage students to think about careers, to develop their employability skills and to aspire to be the best they can. Through our roles as form tutors, subject specialists and support staff, we will:
- Embedding careers into subject areas and support links with employers to support the curriculum.
- Link subject areas to different work opportunities, jobs and careers (during curriculum and personal development time).
- Encourage students to think positively about their career prospects.
- Help develop students’ employability skills.
- Promote progression routes within subject areas.
- Help prepare students for the world of work.
- Develop external links whenever possible
Vise Principal and SLT Careers link Nic Amner
Careers Leader Amberley McKeen
Post 16 Transitions Jen Worth
Senior Transitions Advisor, Cambridgeshire County Council Sue Redman
Link Governor Jon Datta
Our careers programme is greatly enhanced through links with local employers and employees, including previous students, parents and other local groups. We are constantly striving to expand and improve our contacts and links with the community to support our students. We work closely with Form the Future to provide our students with access to a number of different experiences and the school has an Enterprise Advisor, a local business person, who works with us to improve our connections within the community and raise the aspirations of all our students.